tuning time

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:10:58 -0600

>Don wrote:
>  > I believe the worlds record for raising pitch 100 cents is held by Steve
>>  Fairchild--at 300 seconds! Now *THAT* is bionic.
>
>Well..... I'd like to have seen the readout on the result myself before
>drawing any big time conclusions.... tho now doubt he was as adept as
>they come at pitch raising.
>Richard Brekne ...

==================
 From an earlier post of mine dated January 26, 2000:
Fairchild's record is 5 minutes.  He practiced on a Baldwin
Acrosonic, lowering and raising the pitch a half step.  I once asked
him if he was still capable of such a feat.  He replied something to
the effect, "I'm a little rusty now.  Probably would take me at least
9 minutes."  :-)

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731