tuning time

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:36:00 EST

JackHouweling@dccnet.com writes:
<<"I findthat

the more time I take  the better the tuning. 1hr20min by machine and 2

hrs. by ear. Can others tell me how long they take?">>

To which Andre replied...
<<"Aurally 50 minutes
Verituner 40 minutes">>

To which JackHouweling@dccnet.com writes:
<<" Who are you ? Superman.?

Would you do that for a concert tuning?

Jack">>

 Jack I am sure you didn't mean this the way it has come across to me..did
you? :-)
The times which Andre posted are very reasonable for a good solid tuning by
one who is experienced. My time aurally is much the same as Andre's and I go
over the piano twice. I don't use an ETD for normal tunings so that doesn't
compute.
You need to define "concert tuning"...do you mean under perfect conditions or
the normal melieu of activity?  Rock concert or symphony performance or solo
performance? They all offer different challenges.....and it does make a
difference.
Condition of the tuning state before you start work has a bearing
also........... you were talking about tuning a 'normal' tuning' weren't you?
Jim Bryant (FL)