[OT]Dem ears versus ETD

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:49:06 +0000

In message <3E0F3961.92F37CBE@grieg.uib.no>, Richard Brekne
<Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> writes
>Opppss... grin... I must have reversed my wells.... zigged when I should
>have zagged... sorry to have mislabled you a Cod eater then Barrie...
>hehe..
The Cod eaters... it  could be that the EEC is  putting quotas on the
fish they can catch so they are upset that they may not get to eat  as
much as they like.

>I didnt know the EPTA was up to any of that... I know they are working
>on a testing standard similiar to the PTG's. I didnt think any of this
>had to do with the EEC tho. Do they even know who we are ???
>

>From what I read the EPTA  want it adopted as an EEC standard  so tuners
moving from country to country  within the EEC will have to have this
standard to work.

It all part of the EECs drive to have all professionals visiting the
home, having the same standard across the EEC depending what side of the
fence your on this could be a godsend - take plumbers in the UK they all
now have to be CORGI registered (if they want any work)  that's good
all have to keep there standards up but the price for labour has
rocketed.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/