OT palindromemordnilap Redux

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:02:29 -0600

Listoids,
As I pointed out at the beginning of this year, 2002 is rather special, in
that it's number is a palindrome. The last one we saw was 1991, and the
next will be 2112. As you can see there are significant "dry spells"
between such events, so feel free to whoop it up a little if the mood
strikes you, and while there is still time. Seeing two palindrome years in
a lifetime is a rather rare event, and most of us likely won't last to see
the next one. The last time anyone under 110 years old got this treat was
in 1001, and they only had to wait two years for theirs. Of course some of
them had already seen three or more by then and probably weren't that
impressed anymore anyway.

For what it's worth.