PTBiz/PocketPC

Roy Peters roy.peters@mindspring.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:38:13 -0500

Thanks for the responses.
I do leave the laptop in hibernate mode when I can.  I don't think that
my computer has a suspend mode. Part of my problem is that the battery
is in need of replacement.  Just replace the battery you say? First of
all, I just replaced the battery this summer.  The replacement has been
nothing like the original.  Actually, the first replacement didn't work
at all.  This one, no. 2, would hold a charge for maybe a half hour. Not
enough to even get through a tuning.  Also, they are not so easy to
find.  I have a Compaq Presario 305.  It is a thin little lightweight
computer, (about the size of a Sony Vaio 505). The computer itself has
been great.  No complaints, except that Compaq must have only made these
for about a month.  None of the big battery websites have it.  When I
contacted Compaq this summer, they didn't even have them. The one I got
was through CompUSA, where I bought the computer.  It was still under
the extended warranty at the time, so I got it for free, but the listed
price was $369.   So, I am deciding whether to spend the money on
another battery, or on a Pocket PC. Maybe I will look for one of the
battery replacement places that have been mentioned.

Roy Peters, RPT
Cincinnati