re jack at an angle

rwgrandcolas@netscape.net rwgrandcolas@netscape.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:08:11 -0500

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on the jack

I replaced the but-felt on the wippen at that improved things a bit. I think the groove in the but-felt was exaggerating the problem.
Although the jack is still at an angle.
I think either the flange is not mounted perfectly perpendicular to the wippen or the flange rod is not perpendicular to the flange. Or the rod is not going through the jack perfectly straight. I think I could fix it by removing the flange and re-gluing it so that the jack will be perpendicular.
Im really only an amateur and it is my own piano.  I’m sure Id wreck the flange in removing it and I have never rebuilt a flange/jack mechanism from scratch. So I guess ill leave it as it is. The note is playing ok now.  I

Thanks for all the advice.