3 gorgeous 1890's Knabe uprights for sale, unrestored.

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:11:44 -0700

>And I thoroughly disagree with the concept that pianos deteriorate because
>of lack of service, and won't if they are adequately serviced. They will
>deteriorate at the rate, and in the manner dictated by their materials,
>design, construction, and yes, climate.
>
>But that's just my opinion.
>
>Ron N

Hey, Ron----
your oppositionality and mild crankiness can get tiring after a while.

---pianos made in 1890 by quality manufacturers were generally made
better with better material than the same piano today.

---Define "deterioration." If a piano is not regularly serviced for a
decade or so, and is used often, it will sound and feel bad; parts will
wear funny; the hammers will be destroyed--- detoriated, in my opinion.

Play an adequately maintained German Steinway from the last 50 years with
a good board; then talk to me about 1890's Knabe upright comparisons.
Please.

Grrrr.

Venting over.  Happiest of holidays, Mr. Nossaman.

David Andersen