Aural versus ETD tuning training

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:19:52 -0800

there or not.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: December 26, 2002 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: Aural versus ETD tuning training

<snip>

 How long doesthat "perfect" tuning last anyway?  Couple hours?  Couple
days?

>David I.

I have - a couple of days. She called the evening of the afternoon it was
tuned, and I got her in as soon as I could. This has happened with both
aural, and ETD tuners. I can often tell who the last tuner was a year after
the last tuning by what remains. It's easier to do that with an aural
tuning, naturally.

I always found it much easier tuning when I follow (but not stalk) myself.
Otherwise, I have to re-train the darn thing.

Ron N