Bridgetop Extravaganza Revisited

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:52:14 EST

In a message dated 12/23/2002 2:15:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sbellieu@mindspring.com writes:

> Subj: Re: Bridgetop Extravaganza Revisited
>  Date: 12/23/2002 2:15:13 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:sbellieu@mindspring.com">sbellieu@mindspring.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> .Thanks Terry.  I told the client to sit down and
> he took it like a man.  Also Dale how far did you have to plane down your
> piano with the same problem?  Did you have to do anything special to reset
> the bearing in the treble or did it get a new block?  I'm going for the
> "Deepest String Cuts" title for 2002 and there are only a few days left.
>
> Happy Holidays,  Steve Bellieu

                                      Hi Steve
    Frustratin ain't it?
      Yes it got a new bolck but I didn't need to change the elevation.
      I planed Just to the bottom of the string grooves and no more. If you
go beyond this your side bearing will change dramatically. Also you could
lower the plate a bit through out or as needed. The trouble is with so many
factors involved it almost impossible to give accurate expert advice over the
internet. Beside I don't know any experts! Concerning my question as to HOW
you were determing downbearing . I meant what method. I was trying to verfy
your technique just in case an error was being made and giving you false
reading.
        Regards An Blessed Cristmas
       Dale Erwin