M&H B

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:28:23 EST

In a message dated 12/21/02 10:44:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

> I tuned a Mason &Hamlin B the other day - do it every three or four years
> whether it needs it or not. Nearly as I can remember (an inconclusive
> conditional at best), this is the only M&H B I've ever seen. It looks like
> an A case, but the tenor bridge doesn't have the shepherds crook at the low
>
> end, and there are only two hitch loops through the tenor and treble. Were
> these just simplified versions of the old "A"s with plate and bridge
> modifications, or something entirely different? I didn't get much chance to
>
> look it over with the Doberman helping as closely as possible.
> Ron N

Sorry, I didn't read any of the other responses - so if I am just repeating,
delete away.

The Mason B was 5'4" and is an entirely different beast from the A. Pretty
darn nice piano for the size, as well. We have rebuilt several of them with
very nice results.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
(215) 991-0834