3 gorgeous 1890's Knabe uprights for sale, unrestored.

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:01:44 -0500

At 8:52 AM -0800 12/22/02, gordon stelter wrote:
>      Hugh Hodgson, longtime head of the music
>department at the University of Georgia, had 17 pianos
>in his mansion. Masons, Steinways, etc, all from their
>peak years.. A Knabe upright of the same model as the
>ones I am selling was his favorite to play, so I have
>been told by his descendants.
>      Today, one of the finest auditoriums in the
>country is named after him.
>      Maybe he knew something.

Oh boy, more inferential, circumstantial, unverifiable claims
involving a dead guy. Who knows, maybe it was the closest piano to
the wet bar, or the maid's quarters.

>My, what a conflagration a tiny little spark can
>produce on this list, calm ones!!!

Remember that this was not an academic which you started off with
this remark, you were hawking three rebuilt upright pianos. Many of
us share your enthusiasm for these pianos in general. The enthusiasm
which you have pumped into your sales pitch? You're only one selling
these pianos: that enthusiasm is yours alone.

Raise hands, those who live within driving distance of Thump, who can
drive over and verify his claim? (...didn't think so. This is an
internet mailing list, not a local PTG chapter meeting.) I do promise
to tell anyone in S VT looking for a good rebuilt upright about these
three in MO.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"So come on down, for the best in fidelity"
     ...........AM radio spot for the local Radio Shack store.
(Thank you, I'll take a space between the last two words.)