M&H B

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 09:49:53 -0600

I tuned a Mason & Hamlin B the other day - do it every three or four years
whether it needs it or not. Nearly as I can remember (an inconclusive
conditional at best), this is the only M&H B I've ever seen. It looks like
an A case, but the tenor bridge doesn't have the shepherds crook at the low
end, and there are only two hitch loops through the tenor and treble. Were
these just simplified versions of the old "A"s with plate and bridge
modifications, or something entirely different? I didn't get much chance to
look it over with the Doberman helping as closely as possible.
Ron N