Dead bass strings

ted simmons ted@yourlink.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:02:19 -0500

The piano is a Kawai UST-7 console.  I have had experience with certain
fumes contaminating bass strings.  The most well-known is WD-40, which
definitely kills bass strings.  I had an occasion where a customer used a
spray wax on his piano and the bass strings went dead.  The wax wasn't
sprayed on the strings, just on the case.  Yet the strings died.  Had to be
fumes causing that.

Ted Simmons