Haines Bros. sq. grand./1880 ?

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:41:33

Hi Clyde,

If the pins are too tight after a CA treatment simply give them a hard
*tap* with a hammer using a pin driving punch. I have used as much as 8
ounces on a single piano. The only times I am cautious is when I know the
piano has been treated with "pin dope". Then I use much less CA.

At 06:20 AM 12/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Carl,
>
>Is your reference to "wonderful instrument" tongue in cheek?  :-)  My
>impression is that most techs wouldn't refer to *any* square grand as a
>wonderful instrument.  They're pretty, though.
>
>I can't make any further observations about square grands, since I never
>worked on one and never intend to.  As far as the CA treatment goes, my
>results with it have been so-so.  It usually seems to do some good, but not
>always, and sometimes not very much.  But I might be too cautious in how
>much I use, because I don't want to overdo it.  I used a whole bottle on an
>old upright once, and they got way too tight.  But I talked with another guy
>who used two bottles (2 oz.) on a piano before he noticed any improvement.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.