Tonk Bros? oops

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:49:02 EST

I found a mute in the bottom of a little Kimball spinet last week, and I've
been using it ever since.  I like the patina on the handle, the aged rubber
has a nice feel to it as it slides between the strings, and the corners of
the front edge are rounded, not square like my Schaff mutes.

I looked at it more closely today and found "Tonk Bros Co. Chicago" in little
raised letters on the side.

Was this a now-defunct piano supply house?  Ever heard of "Tonk Brothers"?

Tom S