Dead bass strings

ted simmons ted@yourlink.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:18:44 -0500

I've been tuning the 5 pianos in this particular church every 6 months for
the last ten years.  Today I found the piano in the gym has suddenly come up
with dead bass strings.  I reported it to the officials and discovered that
the room the piano was in (a large gym) had been painted since my last
visit.  I explained how dangerous certain chemical fumes are to piano bass
strings but couldn't give them a list of which products to avoid.  Does
anyone have such a list?

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, Florida