'Tis the Season

John M. Formsma jformsma@fortunehitech.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:28:22 -0600

This ain't half as good as a tuner I heard about recently. He did 13 pianos
in one morning. Er, at least that's what he billed for.

I must say I admire your stamina. It would drain me too much, though, if I
did that much every day. The main problem is that you only got paid once for
the work you did today. I've found a better way--work once and get paid for
years.

Regards,

John Formsma

*****************
SidewaysWell wrote:
List,

Wow! A new record for me: 32 pianos in one week.  All were tuned twice over
completely except the 3 that were pitch raises (over 50 cents each). 3
vertical actions were removed & replaced, including 1 Acro$onic, the kind
with the giant fallboard and sticker rail that can come apart and create a
hopeless situation.  4 were 70 miles away.  All were tuned in EBVT except 1,
1/7 Comma Meantone (by request), one Marpurg QET (by request) 1, QET of my
own design, 1 Thomas Young (by request) and 1 Vallotti (by suggestion).

I also did various repairs, cleaning, touch up regulation and 1 voicing job.
Some were grands (Steinway, Kawai & Yamaha included), some verticals, some
nice, studios, others consoles and spinets (including Wurlitzer & Betsy
Ross), most in private homes, 6 in schools, 3 in a church, 1 on stage.  All
were left with my personal touch which has become well known and is in high
demand.  The only thing I can do to satisfy this demand is to work extended
hours.