'Tis the Season

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:54:58 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Goodale
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 11:56 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: 'Tis the Season

List,

Wow! A new record for me: 32 pianos in one week.  All were tuned twice
over completely except the 3 that were pitch raises (over 50 cents
each). 3 vertical actions were removed & replaced, including 1
Acro$onic, the kind with the giant fallboard and sticker rail that can
come apart and create a hopeless situation.  4 were 70 miles away.  All
were tuned in EBVT except 1,  1/7 Comma Meantone (by request), one
Marpurg QET (by request) 1, QET of my own design, 1 Thomas Young (by
request) and 1 Vallotti (by suggestion).

I also did various repairs, cleaning, touch up regulation and 1 voicing
job.  Some were grands (Steinway, Kawai & Yamaha included), some
verticals, some nice, studios, others consoles and spinets (including
Wurlitzer & Betsy Ross), most in private homes, 6 in schools, 3 in a
church, 1 on stage.  All were left with my personal touch which has
become well known and is in high demand.  The only thing I can do to
satisfy this demand is to work extended hours.

            Bill,

          Best wishes for continued success, but really, you're going to
have to work on getting some self confidence.

Tom Driscoll