Newer Chickering/Self Player

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:19:52 EST

In a message dated 12/14/02 3:09:50 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Bigeartb@aol.com
writes:

> I loosened and removed the worst buzzing string from the hitch
> pin....identical to the Baldwin Acu touch----Acu whatever---you know what
> they look like, adjustable------the string had no twist as it was placed on
> the hitch pin. I twisted it one full turn, replaced it , tuned it and it
> was clear as a bell.
>     Question: I wonder if I twist all the bass strings and tune, this will
> solve the problem for ever more? I wonder what can be done about the wine
> contamination, sugar,  on the strings? Should I just replace the entire set
> of bass strings?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala.

Eventually the bass strings with the wine will start to buzz because of the
sugar, etc. If you replace just the contaminated strings, they will sound
clearer than the other ones. Even after just 6 or 7 years, it will make a
difference. I would suggest you try to convince the customer to replace all
the bass strings now.

Wim