Humidity Quick Zap

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:51:00 -0800

. We've both given
> nearly identical descriptions of the alc/H2O process.

OK!

> >If oil is washed out by the alcohol, I consider that a change in chemical
> >make-up.
>
> It hadn't occurred to me that an oil coating on the fiber could be
> considered part of the "the (inherent, sic.) chemical make-up of the
> felt".

It would seem to me  the oil is in the fiber and not just on the surface or
it would wash off completely in the manufacturing process. It would also be
possible, IMO, to consider any contamination that was absorbed into the wool
fibers to be part of the chemical make-up of the felt.

> >Quite the storm ripping in here.
> >I best prepare for the power going down.
>
> Is that a sandstorm or a monsoon. We had 6" of heavy wet snow on
> Thursday, but no downed tree limbs.

Monsoon. High winds. Rain all week. Snow down to 2500'.  My house is at
3000'. Could be a tobaggen ride into town.

Keith R