Baldwin/Rat/Thanks

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:17:16 -0800 (PST)

In all seriousness, someone told me there are about
150 diseases humans can get from rodent feces,
including birth defects. For this reason, and having
endured a months-long, blood-coughing-up respiratory
infection after working on an infested piano, I will
no longer get near these unless by accident, and the
problem is EXTREMELY minimal, and recent ( like a
couple of droppings and no nest ). Furthermore, I want
no part in increasing a customer's attachement to
something which may be very unhealthful to them or
their children, by the investment they put in it!  So
I warn them stiffly, refuse the job, offer to discard
the piano for a  fee and leave. They usually sell the
piano to some unwitting victim. Even if they're
millionaires and don't need the extra $250.
     "For what profiteth a man to gain the world, but
lose his own soul...."---Jesus
    Thump