Non-smelly Hammer Juice

Ken Jankura kenrpt@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:54:10 -0500

How about alcohol and shellac flakes, I'm sure it would be the least =
offensive, but does it work?  Susan Kline? Tell us about it.

            Any thing that goes into a hammer that is liquid and then =
hardens has to have a stinky solvent.
            Dale

    I've got some new bass hammers in a Baldwin 6000 that sound like =
marshmallows gently wafting against bedsprings--no power at all.
     =20
    Where the piano is, I can't put anything on them that will be too =
stinky or hazardous to breathe. How can I harden these babies without =
traditional lacquer?
     =20
    Alan Barnard
    Salem,=20