Non-smelly Hammer Juice

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:56:55 -0800

Can you remove the action (or even just the stack) while the solution is =
drying?  Lacquer/Acetone solution is still the best for hardening =
hammer, IMO, of course.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: tune4u@earthlink.net=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 10, 2002 10:37 PM
  Subject: Non-smelly Hammer Juice

  I've got some new bass hammers in a Baldwin 6000 that sound like =
marshmallows gently wafting against bedsprings--no power at all.

  Where the piano is, I can't put anything on them that will be too =
stinky or hazardous to breathe. How can I harden these babies without =
traditional lacquer?

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, MO