BaldwinSF-10

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 02:44:00 EST

In a message dated 12/09/2002 8:45:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> I find that Baldwins often benefit from a capstan relocation.  The key
>  ratios tend to be a bit high: .55 or .56.  A move to .53 with a 17 mm
>  knuckle will often put the overall ratio right in the zone.

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve. Some players really like that
short throw/high ratio feel, and buy Baldwins specifically for it. The only
problem is if one wants to carry a heavier hammer (like the factory
sometimes), and most times I don't find that necessary or desirable if the
soundboard's moving.
Bob