Tuning levers

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:51:02 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles E. Faulk" <cfaulk2@juno.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 8:31 PM
Subject: Re: Tuning levers

> Ron,
>
> I've done a lot of study on the different MOE's of titanium vs steel.
> It's true that titanium is slightly more elastic than steel; >
> Charles Faulk

Charles
I cannot remember the person who made this claim: ..." a piece of thick
walled tubing is stiffer than a solid rod of the same diameter and
material....therefore, boring a hole the length of the rod will increase its
stiffness."  Is there any truth to this?  Is it true for all metals?  Can
anyone on the list verify this claim?

Paul Chick