OT labels can work for you

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:43:09 EST

In a message dated 12/8/02 7:31:18 PM, kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net writes:

<< we should use the OT  ( off topic) in the subject line. Unfortunately,
sometimes in the heat of the moment, as it were, the OT doesn't get included.

I do appreciate those who use OT to preface their subject lines when posting
topics that HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON THIS LIST.

I know that the list monitors filter out some SPAM...

Should we get the list monitors to filter out any posts which contain words
like "Jesus", "Hussein", "Iraq", "Bush", etc.?  No, we can't do that...there
wouldn't be any more posts about "Bush & Lane uprights" or "Hussein-brand
damper felts" or "Keytone made my hammers hard as Iraq"...

So simply delete.  Some days half the posts get deleted by this method.  So
what?  It's a matter of a few keystrokes, and it's gone.

"Type in...that OT label..." (Sung to the tune of "Look for that union
label...")

Tom S