shank length

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:12:26 -0500

At 7:45 AM -0500 12/6/02, A440A@aol.com wrote:
>Umm,  I dunno.  Moving the stack AND capstan line distally,(away from the
>balance rail/fulcrum), is going to increase the weight at the key, and
>greatly increase the movement of the whippen.  ( I know this because I was
>always the fat guy on the see-saw)

Jon's post didn't mention moving the capstans, although he did in a
private post. In fact what he was trying to do way to increase the
action leverage ratio, not decrease it as I thought.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"When writing a mental note, first procure a mental piece of paper"
     ............mental graffitti