Bolduc Glue

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:39:24 -0500

I have not used Andre's glue, but I did watch him install a soundboard and use his glue for the board-to-rim joint. He says that removal should be much the same as if yellow glue were used - removal won't be as easy as hide glue, but water will soften it and with some work, it will come off.

Personally, having cleaned up a few hide glue joints, and just simply marveling at how easy and neat the job is, and knowing a bit about how hard yellow glue is to remove............... Well, let's just say I have a lot of respect for hide glue and joints that can be expected to be re-newed someday.

Has anyone had experience taking apart and cleaning surfaces with a yellow glue joint? Or are we going to have to wait 50 - 100 years to find this out?

Terry Farrell