A Light Note on Ori-Coustic

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:19:41 -0500

Subject: Re: A Light Note on Ori-Coustic

>Serviced (and ran) two nasty little 1950s spinets today. Both same
>manufacturer. One bought new by the present owner, the other recently
from
>a furniture store for $100! One was equipped with:
>
>            Ori-Coustic
>     High Tension Scale
>           Richer Tone
>      Extended Volume
>       Greater Stability
>
>What's the manufacturer? And what the heck is the "Ori-Coustic"?
>
>Terry Farrell

It's a Starck. I posted Ori-Coustic as a puzzler early last year. I
think
it's a marketing term meaning "I'm a no talent, junk peddling Ad guy who

won't get paid unless I come up with an exotic sounding marketing term".

The guy who thought it up was immediately caught in a closed semantic
loop
and hasn't been heard from since (sense, cents).

PS: My spell checker suggested Caustic for Coustic. Seems reasonable to
me.

Ron N

I think he's in exile, now rooming with the Mezzo-Thermonial-Stabilizer
Guy at the "Circle of Sound" rest home. Rumor has it that they'll be
called back to the cubicle for work on the self tuning piano Ad campaign
	Tom Driscoll