self-tuning piano?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:00:48 -0800

----Original Message Follows----
From: Kent Swafford <kswafford@earthlink.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: self-tuning piano?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:29:14 -0600

The self-tuning piano is a long way from production.

I believe the inventor, Don Gilmore, is now an Associate member of PTG.

Although there remain many questions to ask about the technology, the
questions that I have heard being asked of the inventor were answered quite
competently indeed.

The fact that the inventor is now a PTG member means that the development of
the self-tuning piano is being plugged into the general mainstream of piano
technology, which can only be a good thing. Don appears to be open to
suggestions from the techs.

If these pianos go into production, they will have at least a thousand
dollars worth of extra stuff on them to do the self-tuning, stuff that
someone will have to fix someday -- a piano tech perhaps?

Kent Swafford

Sounds like this guy is "infultrating" the PTG in order to gain as much
"inside" knowledge as posiible to help him PUT US OUT OF BUSINESS! I know
that isn't likely, at least not in the near future, but that's the plan,
right; to make us OBSOLETE.

Terry Peterson