damper modification help

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:23:52 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2002 12:37:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj: Re: damper modification help
>  Date: 12/4/2002 12:37:57 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>  Terry

    You beat me to it. I've also used this method with great success. Longer
dampers with three to four smaller pieces of felt &  tightening the damper
springs helps but don't over do it. The real problem is that the damper needs
to sit where the hammer is hitting the string. No can do.
       Dale