Fw: from Portia Hunt

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:00:14 +0200

This came through the admin list, as Portia is not subscribed
Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Portia Hunt" <pkawaii@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 7:41 PM
Subject: from Portia Hunt

Dear listserve peoples,

I am now and have been for almost two weeks at the unpleasant task of
contacting people that knew my Dad (Newton Hunt) or that are close to me to
tell them that he passed away very suddenly a little less than two weeks
ago.
He had been put on medication for a heart/circulation problem that had the
side effect of draining him of all his energy.  In combination with his
predisposition to severe depression, this caused him to take his own life
sometime the week of November 18th.  He was found by his upstairs tenent,
who was concerned that my dad's mail had been piling up.  As you may know,
my dad and I were very close and this is quite devastating.  There was a
really lovely memorial service last Monday night, and there was a great
turnout!  It was very comforting to see that so many people loved my dad.

I knew that my dad had a very special relationship with his computer and
that he enjoyed corresponding with you all immensely.  Hearing that there
were many tributes to him posted on those lists, I set to the task of
compiling them and printing them out.  I want to thank you all for those!
They were quite heartwarming.

Sincerely,
Portia Hunt