S&S D Duplex

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:31:29 -0500

At 1:23 PM -0500 12/1/02, Duplexdan@aol.com wrote:
>Your forays into duplex scale tuning are more interesting and exciting to me.
>I'll be more than happy to provide any input if called upon. However, after
>you try it once and are successful, I don't think you'll need anything more
>than a little experience.

I should point out that I'll be setting the RDL by length (which is
as much as most factories do). Whatever pitch that works out to be
will be a mater of how well wire changes initiated at the tuning pin
manage to flow across the bridge. When I see how well tuning the RDL
coordinates with tuning the main speaking length, then I'll make up
my mind about effort of tuning both of these sections simultaneously.
But I certainly wouldn't let any awkwardness in tuning the rear
section interfere with a proper tuning of the main section.

On this Steinert, I'm going to start with the worst parts of the
treble, and if by the tie I've tuned 30% of these duplexes, I don't
hear results I probably won't continue.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the experience.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
     ...........From a recurring nightmare.