sanderson Bass strings/scale

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:15:38 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Delacour" <JD@Pianomaker.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 29, 2001 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: sanderson Bass strings/scale

> Well, that's not a whole lot different from my thinking and if you'd
> take the trouble to listen to people, you and others might realize
> you do not have the monopoly of knowledge and experience and don't
> need to preach to the converted -- converted, I should say, mainly by
> experience and a preparedness to listen, and even learn.  Believe me,
> there is more to bass string design and manufacture than logarithms
> and it's just possible you don't know it all.

Sorry, John. Obviously I've offended you. I guess it was just my
over-reaction to being informed that, in your opinion, I was both
presumptuous (for thinking I could improve Steinway pianos by altering their
perfectly shaped and located bridges) and stupid (for altering the stringing
scale on those hundreds of Steinway grands I rebuilt over the years and
thinking their sound actually improved as a result).

My apologies...

Del