Flag-poling: a way of life, or...?

Jon Rhee jrhee@fai-arch.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 08:42:30 -0500

Terry ,

I think Charles confirmed the point I was trying to convey.

Charles Neuman <piano@charlesneuman.net>  wrote:

"When Randy cautions against "playing the slot machine", he refers to
really pulling the pin hard either up or down. He and George talk about
that on the tape (I think my tape is from 2000). But Randy does say that
in your last movement of the pin to bring the string down to tune, you
can think of moving the pin about 10 degrees down (on a vertical). This
"tweaking" is OK, but really pulling on it is not. In my course it's on
page 20 of Chapter 1.2. I know it's on the tuning video, and I think
it's on the Intro to Piano Service video as well."

Jon Rhee