Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:47:02 -0500

'evening all.

I have noticed for some time now, and have failed to ask about it until now,
is, why do the piano owners that come from the Great NorthEast always have
the music desk off of Grands and the Verticals are at least cleared of the
clutter?

Now, I'm only mentioning the Great NorthEast because I live in a melting pot
(SW Fla), and people move here from all over the country/world..but only the
piano people from..NY..NJ..Conn. .. RI, etc have the piano 'ready' for the
tuner.

I know it sounds discriminitory, and it's certainly not meant to be that
way..hey..I'm originally from Nu Yawk myself..and it's something that I have
observed.

How do you East Coast guys get them trained to be that way?

Any day now, I'll be helping to clear a 50 piece nativity scene off the lid
of a piano, I'm sure..happens every year.

Phil