question about comparing stringing scales

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:33:46 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering about different things related to
inharmonicity, speaking length, tension, etc...

I seem to remember seeing some graphs of those factors
for some pianos on the net.  (Also, some time back, I
had found 3 audio clips of low A (one from a synth,
one from an upright, and one from a Steinway D) and I
would appreciate it if someone can help me find it or
something similar).  I was wondering if you guys know
of a place where I can see the graphs and compare, for
example, a 36" Baldwin spinet with a 10' Fazioli
concert grand... ???