Digital camera suggestion?

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:01:27 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "thepianoarts" <thepianoarts@home.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 29, 2001 6:16 AM
Subject: Digital camera suggestion?

> Can someone suggest a still sigital camera for claims work etc?
>
> Dan Reed
> Dalas

Dan,

Most any of the newer digital cameras will work well. When I went shopping
for a camera for my wife last year, small size and ease of use were
paramount. I ended up getting her a Cannon ELF S-100. At the time it was the
smallest digital around. We've (she let's me use it from time to time) been
very happy with it. It's small enough to fit comfortably in her purse (or my
pocket) so we tend to always have it with us. With an expanded 64 Mb memory
card it will hold about 100 pictures. My only complaint is that the battery
gives out after about 35 pictures. I really need to get her a couple more
batteries.

Were I buying a camera just for myself, though, I'd check out the newer
Nikon Coolpix line. (Tacky name but good cameras.) Their Coolpix 5000 is to
lust for. But even the lower-cost 995 (?) is quite a good camera.

Del