The Last Week

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:42:57 -0600

|it might be good for my image for the students
| who don't know the situation, thinking that I might be able to
| play something like that! Yeah, right! :-)

Reminds me of the time I installed a Pianocorder, (remember them?) in a
Kawai console in my workshop which was in an area behind the garage under
an apartment building.  One day a I ran into an resident who exclaimed, "
You play the piano very well, I have never heard such good rag time even on
records."  I replied, "You have good taste, you have heard the best".  He
looked me like I had suddenly gone on a supreme ego trip. I then explained
he was hearing player piano renditions as recorded by Scott Joplin, James P
Johnson and George Gershwin.    ---ric