stolen tools

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:23:19 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2001 9:43:19 PM Central Standard Time,
imatunr@srvinet.com writes:

> Hi David,
> what type of strobes?  any numbers
> Joe Goss

Joe, I will get back to you with some info, I appreciate the responses I am
getting.  Even if you can put an exact figure on the cost of your tools it's
the hidden costs that you can never recuperate that really hurt, such as
being unable to work especially this time of year when all of are schedules
and deadlines are crucial.  David Featherstone is a superb technician who is
extremely busy year round and hopefully his friends and business associates
can provide him with enough tools to get by.

I have been careless with my tools in the past, thinking that the tools we
need in this business were specialized enough to limit there desirability to
thieves.  But recently I have been made aware by several robberies and the
chaos it has caused to my friends that I had better be much more careful and
I am.

In bringing up being more "careful," I just want to mention two other
incidents that have happened to business associates and friends of mine
within the last six months.

The first is a tuner technician who lives in a small town in the country
outside the DFW area.  He is a gentleman, who has been very active in the PTG
for many years.
He was accosted in the parking lot of a big retail chain and forced to drive
home to be robbed.  He is very lucky to be alive.

The second is an automatic musical instrument restorer and tuner technician,
who is
 well known and highly thought of.  He was accosted and robbed in a car wash
as he was spraying his truck down.  There was a gun, and physical contact.
If it wasn't for his incredible coolness he may have been hurt instead of
just losing some cash.

Neither one of these men seemed like someone who should or could, by
lifestyle location or demeanor be robbed.  No one who knows me would ever
consider me paranoid, but I have taken notice and prove to be much more aware
of my surroundings.

Please be careful out there!

David Koelzer