Grand Regulation Compromises

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:37:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Terry,

I'm not sure if I read your post right or not,
but... just a few comments.  (I ain't no guru,
though.)

If there's too much aftertouch, you can lessen
the keydip a bit, but you have to be careful that
you don't make it small enough that the jack
won't clear the knuckle.

If you have the letoff at 1/16" and you make it
1/8", you'll make it worse!  Keep it tight.

If you lessen the blow distance downwards from
1 3/4", that'll also make it worse. Can you
increase the blow distance a bit, even 1/16" or
so?  "Them there keys need a bit more to do!"

I hope I didn't misread your post and write a
bunch of jiberish.  Let us know how you make out.

Gotta run. Back to work...

Brian T.

=====
Brian Trout