Touch up concert tunings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:13:33 -0800

Marcel,
Time is money. (I know it's trite, but it's true!) I personally would have
an agreement with the facility re. this. If it was a spur-of -the-moment
need, on their part, I would charge for my time, what ever your hourly rate
is. Most of us tend to let these facilities take advantage of us. The
"poor-mouth" usually runs rampant. We are in this business to make a living.
We don't have all the "perks" that staff of these facilities enjoy. More
often than not, they don't have a clue as to how we exist in the "real
world". Just my thoughts on the subject. I personally have a higher rate for
"Concert Tunings", thereby allowing me to "go the extra mile", to insure
that the concert, hopefully, goes off without a hitch.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)