touch up concert tunings

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:46:53 EST

Marcel asks:
<<The pianos are tuned frequently and usually (yah right) are pretty stable.

Do you think I would be cheating them if I would charge for a second full

tuning?>>

Greetings,
    Kelly Ward told me once that a piano tuner makes more moral decisions in
one day than a preacher does all year, ( how close is close enough?)
     This is the sort of decision that you have to make for yourself, (since
you, and only you, have to live with the results).  If you think you are
cheating, then you are.  However, you are entitled to be paid for your time,
so the danger of cheating yourself is just as real.  If "touching up" is all
there is time for, why not charge your hourly rate?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT