a Bechstein from DC

William J Schlipf wjstuner@juno.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:28:31 -0600

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:37:09 -0500 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
writes:
> Hmmmm, are we showing an element of prejudice? Why would a better
> quality
> piano necessarily have blued pins? Is this not a simple matter of
> preference? Isn't this kinda like: "Did you see the dress Martha
> wore to the
> party? I can't believe anyone would wear such a thing - she must
> have got it
> at K-Mart!"
>
> Getting beyond such pettiness, (mine for pointing it out, and the
> other for
> the initial statement) is there any significant difference in
> corrosion
> resistance between nickel plated and blued tuning pins?
>
> Terry Farrell

What you say about Martha!  Watch your tongue!!  It must be personal
preference.  Always thought a high quality instrument looked cheaper
because of bright, shiny, silvery looking pins.  Also, that the plating,
if too far onto the threads, could come off and cause a problem later.
Thanks!!

Bill Schlipf
Bloomington, IL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!