a Bechstein from DC

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:56:51 -0500

Hi Del,

I use Denro pins as well.  Their plating can be scrapped off fairly
easily.  True bluing is IN the metal and takes far more effort to scrap
it down to raw metal.

I used to be a gun nut so I did know a little about the process.  God,
those times are worlds away.

One clue is that real bluing is rarely a polished finish, most often
matte finished to prevent light reflections but real high quality
bluing, like for a presentation piece, can have a polished appearance.

Go into your local gun shop and you can see the difference.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

		Newton