Getting Paid

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:32:18 -0500

This time of year I get many inquiries, "Do you take Visa?"  I once checked
into this, opened up a special business bank account, but stopped short of
purchasing a terminal.  Just seemed like too much hassle.

However, being as mercenary as I am, I want to be able to accept anything
that looks like money and make it most convenient for the people who pay me.
To this end, I have opened a Pay Pal account.

With PayPal you can send or receive money from anyone with an email address.
A person opens an account at www.paypal.com and has it linked to either or
both a checking account or credit card.  It seems to be easy, cheap or free,
and no risk.  And a good way to accept credit card payments without all the
hassle.

My question is for those of you who accept Pay Pal, when asked whether or
not you take VISA, do you say "just send the funds to my PayPal account" or
do you go home, log onto your account, and send a Request for Money to the
client?

Carol Beigel