Reverse crown was agraffe bridges

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:28:43 +0100

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> [...]

Well, that may very well be the definition of the word
duplex in its most general sense, but in reference to pianos
it more specifically refers to the "duplex scale" and if one
wants to really get picky one could say it really refers to
the definition as per Steinway.  My point is exactly the
same point Ron made the other day. Over generalizing terms,
or using them this way or that just makes things muddy and
leads to misunderstanding what each other is talking about.

Why not call these lengths what they really are in our
context... in the most general sense they are simply non
speaking lengths. In more specific sense they are front and
back duplex lengths which may or may not be at the same time
an aliquot part.  Correct me if I am wrong but doenst the
aliquot part infer whole number fractional parts... like
1/3, 1/4 etc... not  0.25643 or the like ???

Just in the interest of speaking the same language
.....roughly

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.