Growing Leads

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:40:44 -0700

Hi Terry, file as you suggest and coat with CA. My choice is the thin.
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 4:58 AM
  Subject: Re: Growing Leads

  Don't know exactly why it happens, but I run into it quite a bit in =
Florida. Growth is arrested temporarily by filing. If you file, do it =
with a vacuum on. Don't breathe dust! Lead is not good for you unless =
you want to go crazy like Beethoven or Van Goh! This is a great =
procedure if you want to go back and do it every few years.

  If you want to fix it only once, remove old lead and install new.

  I wonder if it would help significantly to put a quick coat of thin =
epoxy on the side of the key to cover the freshly filed lead, or even =
the new lead?

  Terry Farrell
   =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20