New project!

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:07:18 -0600

I wonder if a pneumatic device that would fasten over the pedals and give an
assist just as power steering on a car assists would work? It would use
bellows such as you find in player piano expression systems. If you used a
variable speed suction box for a vacuum source you could leave in some
resistance so that the pianist would still have a feel for what he is doing.
By varying the vacuum you could change the amount of assist the system would
give. You could add push button controls so that it could be activated by
any part of the body that is appropriate. I realize this is a rough idea and
needs lots of refinement.

John Dewey