key levelling -- crown?

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:34:16 -0800

At 10:17 PM 11/16/2001 -0600, you wrote:

> >Has anyone given thought to the possibility that the crown was to
> >accommodate the ergonomic fact that the tendency of the hand to lower
> >when being extended from the body center?
> >
> >               Newton

Not really. But reading your idea did give me a momentary mental picture --
a keyboard in a slight arc surrounding the player, so that the player's
hands could approach the keys at the extremes of the scale without
kinking the wrists.

It would be so much more comfortable to play that I'm sure many people have
considered building something that way. The trouble is that it would
be a bear to design and build.

Educated list members? Has anyone built a keyboard where the keys
fan out around the player like that?

Susan